Know Your Own Skin – Skin Type
Every skin is unique as we are. To find a perfect fit skin care, we should know our skin very well. No one knows better than us our own skin, our body, our habits specifically every unique detail about us. For a long term beauty, first step is identify you skin type. Here is the first;
If we have determined our skin, let’s briefly get to know the features of our skin. Which one is closest to indicate your skin?
- Moisture and oil balanced
- Soft, firm and without stains.
- Generally seen between the ages of 20-25.
Dry Skin Type
- The skin lacks moisture, it is tight and dull.
- Easily reddened, sensitive and flaky.
- There is no acne or comedones* problem. Pores are tight.
- You begin to observe smooth wrinkles especially around the eyes.
*Comedones: These are the black and white unlikable ㅠ_ㅠ spots that appear in the pores.
Oily Skin Type
- Skin is shiny, oily and pale.
- Sebum glands are susceptible to pimples as they work too much.
- Pores are large and there is the formation of blackheads.
- Sagging is observed in later ages.
- Oily skin is divided into 3;
1) Problem-Free Oily Skin:
- Bright / humidity level is normal
- Black spots, pores are open, but specifically acne breakouts are periodic
2) Problematic Oily Skin:
- Sebum is above normal
- Skin is bright
- Pimples and comedones intense
- Pores are wide
- Generally observed during adolescence
3) Oily Sensitive Skin:
- The hardest one
- Intense moisture loss when trying to dry the oil on the skin
- Pores are wide
- Skin sensitive / exfoliating / red spots
- Forehead, nose, chin (T zone) are oily, shiny.
- Around the eyes, cheeks are moist close to normal
- There may be a problem of pore, acne, comedones in the T-zone.
- It is divided into 2;
1) Dry Combination Skin:
- There is moisture loss in the cheek area.
2) Oily Combination Skin:
- Pores are open in the cheek area
- More oil in the T-zone
Sensitive Skin Type
- This one does not contain any disease-preventing acid that should be on the skin.
- It is usually hereditary
- Capillaries are close to the surface.
- Skin is generally dehydrated and meanwhile feels tense.
- Easily affected by environmental factors, wrong cosmetics.
- Redness is excessive.
- The product with very low chemical content should be preferred.